Why build electronics?
I thought about this in the shower here the other day.
(It’s strange how ideas keep popping up when you do something completely different…)
So I asked myself…
“What is it that makes it so fun and interesting to build electronics?”
And I came up with the five top reasons to build electronics:
* The process itself is fun and enjoyable
* You can build things cheaper than it is to buy finished (not always)
* You appreciate your thing more when you have built it yourself
* You’ll learn how it works – and will be able to repair it when it breaks down
* You’ll be able to build things that aren’t available in the shops
But I think the main reason for me to build electronics – is the first one: Because it’s fun and enjoyable.
Today, I put together a simple blinking light on a breadboard to take some pictures.
And even though I have built this circuit many times before, it was still really fun to see the lights blink when I connected the battery!
I wrote about this blinking light circuit and several others in my eBook «Getting Started With Electronics». It’s a great place to start your journey into the world of building circuits:
Keep on Soldering!