We started out as a group of three people.
Eduardo, Jefferson, and me.
Today, we discussed what to build.
We wanted to build something that would be fun, and that we could finish within the time frame I’m going to stay here (~2 months).
And it should be based on an Arduino.
Jefferson wanted to build a CNC mill.
But such a machine is a bit complex, so we decided to discard that for now.
Then Eduardo suggested building a sumo robot.
We watched some videos on YouTube and got really excited.
A sumo robot it is!
What we decided to get
- An Arduino (https://amzn.to/2zEpJGK)
- A platform with wheels and two motors, to make it possible to turn (https://amzn.to/2PbQpDX)
- An ultrasonic sensor (https://amzn.to/2Q6YmPY)
- A Bluetooth module for communicating with a mobile phone (https://amzn.to/2DWvnXX)
- 8 TIP120 transistors to make an H-bridge for each motor (these were discarded later…)
Until next time, we will buy the components needed. We’ll meet up in one week to build the H-Bridge circuit needed to control the motors.